Watercolour Paint on paper
Signed on the front.
This watercolour painting is of a Golden Sun Moth, a Critically Endangered Australian Insect. Painted with Watercolours, the scene reflects the grass that the Moth calls home. It is titled "Golden Sun Moth - Are You Going To Stay".
Living within 100 metres of their habitat, Golden Sun Moths are diurnal and native to Australia. Females are brighter than the males but are flightless. Males zigzag when flying and stay one metre above the grass searching for females. There are estimated to be around 2000 left in existence.
This was part of a solo exhibition in which I painted twenty portraits of twenty Australian native animals that are disappearing - a tiny selection of the 10,000+ species worldwide that are extinct or facing extinction. To add accuracy and relevancy you will find a guide on the right hand side of each of these artworks. The line indicates the size of the animal and a circle with capital letters alongside it will state is classification categorised by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.
• Winsor & Newton Watercolours
• Thick artist grade textured paper
• 29.5cm x 39.8cm in size (11.7" x 15.6”)
• Painted in 2019
• Colours may differ slightly from the image you see on your screen due to different monitor displays.
• Signed and dated on both the front and back
• Sent flat in a non bendable mailer
• Local collection available (South West of Western Australia)
Watercolour on Paper
Free Shipping And Free Returns
Unframed (requires framing)
This artwork is unframed and requires framing.