I was born and grew up in Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
Classically trained in traditional artistic media, I graduated from Belgrade College of Design in 2000. and obtained an MFA in painting from the University of Art in Belgrade in 2006. While living in Africa in 1999. I attended Evelyn College of Design in picturesque Nairobi, Kenya. Experiencing Africa set my artistic vision on a new path.
Since 2011 I have been living in New South Wales, where I paint, exhibit, teach workshops, curate exhibitions and publish zines.
I mainly work with ink, watercolour and acrylic, as well as various mixed media and digital art. Recently I began exploring clay and ceramics.
My work revolves around universal themes of rebirth, transformation, interconnectedness, personal quest and ancestral heritage.
Before moving to Australia, my artwork has been displayed in galleries across Europe and has won awards at international competitions for illustration and graphic printing.
• 2001-2006 Masters degree in Fine Arts, University of Arts in Belgrade, Serbia
• 1998-2001 School of Design, Belgrade, Serbia
• 1999 Evelyn College of Design, Nairobi, Kenya
• 2017 "Three Magick Stooges", Watch House, Balmain NSW
• 2016 "The Small Picture", Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2016 Mural commission for "Leichhardt Open Studio Trail", NSW
• 2015 Art installation for "Black Wire Records", Sydney Fringe Festival, NSW
• 2015 "Community Art" show, Orchard Gallery, Redfern NSW
• 2014 “Year of the Horse As Told by Animal Bro”, Leichhardt Town Hall, NSW
• 2013 "Fringe Arts at the Forum", Sydney Fringe Festival, Italian Forum, Leichhardt NSW
• 2013 "Vision Quest", Orchard Gallery, SSUC, Redfern NSW
• 2012 "Monster Art Show", Ambush Gallery, Waterloo, NSW
• 2012 "Monster Art Show", Rex Livingston Gallery, Surry Hills, NSW
• 2008 Short-listed artwork at Second European Ex-libris Triennial
• 2007 Drawings, District Gallery, Museum of Applied Arts, Belgrade, Serbia
• 2007 Paintings, Culture Center ‘Studentski Grad’, Belgrade, Serbia
• 2005/2006 Awarded Serbian Government Scholarship for Young Talents
• 1995 - 2010 Over 20 exhibitions spanning Serbia, Poland, Montenegro and Kenya
I have been painting, drawing and crafting for my entire life, endlessly inspired by the magic I find in nature, and the wisdom I find in books.
My influences include outsider and visionary art, ancient cultures, folk art, literature, philosophy and independent publishing.