Dr. Sarasa Krishnan is an Indian classical dancer and visual artist who has performed‚ exhibited and lectured extensively in Europe‚ UK‚ USA‚ Australia and Asia. An exhibited visual artist‚ she presented solo in a dance/visual art performance in Singapore‚ under the auspices of Satchi Gallery UK. Currently the artistic director and deputy director of Saraswati Mahavidhyalaya Perth, and an educational institute
Sarasa's unique style of painting infuses dance movement with paint, resulting in a brilliant display of rhythmic colour.
Recently awarded her phd in theatre, philosophy and creative arts, she continues in a unique research field- movement through painting.
Sarasa Krishnan is an Indian classical dancer and visual artist who has performed‚ exhibited and lectured extensively in Europe‚ UK‚ USA‚ Australia and Asia.
Sarasa has recently been awarded her doctorate in the multidisciplinary methodology of dance‚ painting and metaphysics.
She is the Artistic Director‚ deputy Director and Choreographer of Saraswati Mahavidhyalaya (formerly known as The Temple of Fine Arts Inc.) Perth.
With key organisational and co-ordinational experience in festivals such as \"Dance India Taste India\" in Perth and various cultural and liberal arts programs in France‚ Italy and locally‚ Sarasa was instrumental in presenting The Temple of Fine Arts at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2008. Collaborating with other cultural dancers in Italy (Flamenco) and in Australia (Ballet)‚ Sarasa presented The Temple of Fine Arts at \"Fiesta Firenze\" in Florence Italy.
- Florence Italy-Accademy d’ Gigllio ‘Lopa Mudra’–July 2002
- Paris- France- [private viewing] Rue d’ Rivoli –[Festival of music Paris] July 2002 -
- Paris France- Theatre Friche d’Urbain –‘A Still Point’- October 2002
- Perth Australia–City of Gosnells -Multicultural Womens Forum’ In search of woman’s
identities- Multicultural View’- February 2003
- Benaras‚ India- ‘Shivaratri Festival of Music and Dance’ –Temple of Fine Arts
International- February 2003
- Florence- Italy -Institute d’Ayurveda –‘Shakti the Eternal Energy’- July 2004
- Paris- France- Shakti-the Eternal Energy’-Comedie la Pasarelle- July-2004
- Perth Australia-Octagon Theatre- Laxminarayana Global Music Festival- August- 2004
- Perth- Australia ‘Shakti- the Eternal Energy’-Annalkshmi- on Swan – September –2004
- New Jersey-USA ‘Navaratri Festival of Arts’- Shakti- the Eternal Energy’-October 2004
- New York‚ USA Lincoln Center- Alice Tully Hall- ‘Kadhambari’ -December 2004
- Singapore- National University –‘Vishwa Vinaayaka’-December-2004
- Perth –Australia –St. Mary’s Auditorium- Opening Ceremony of Saraswati
- Coimbatore‚ India‚- ‘Shivaanjali Auditorium’-Dasamahaa Vidhya- ‘Raja Maatangi’-
- Singapore National University –‘Vishwa Vinayaaka’-June-2005
- Perth Australia-Burswood Theatre-‘Vishwa Vinaayaka’-multimedia /oil paintings- April
- Perth Australia-Saraswati Mahavidhyalaya-studios- April 2006
EXHIBITIONS [ continued]
- Perth Australia-Subiaco Arts Center-July-August-2006
- Florence‚ Italy- Villa Strozzi‚ Theatre Limonai -2007
- Annalakshmi Perth Australia-\'Pravahee\' Dance/Music Concert -Shambhavi Vaze/Pushkar
- \'Trancendance\'- City Hall Auditorium‚ Kuala Lumpur‚ Malaysia- March 2008
- Shakti: The Eternal Energy‚ Edinburgh Festival Fringe‚ Scotland – August 2008
- Spice-Kathak-Tap dance fusion with Tetrafied Perth 04.04.09
- Swan Festival of Lights 2008/2009- Artistic director‚ Choreographer
- Rasa Leela Painting Exhibition-2009 Kuala Lumpur‚ Malaysia 1-13 Dec 2009
- Art Beyond the Form- Inaugural Artist Indian Culture Center‚ Indian High Commission
Kuala Lumpur‚ Malaysia- Feb-March 2010
- Artist in Residence- Hanuman Painting with Children of SFOL
- Ramayana-Swan Festival of Lights 2010- Choreographer/ Script writer‚ dancer.
- Solo performance Brilliant Display of Rhythmic Colour –Lux Art Museum‚ Singapore
March 2011 (Auspices’ of Satchi Gallery UK and Purplehauz Gallery KL))
Dancewest - Sarasa‚ July 2010
Edge - Rasa Leela‚ December 2009
Dancewest - Swan Festival of Lights‚ September 2009
1. Once upon a peacock’s tail 2014 Singapore: https://youtu.be/GJE5NwTRw3k
2. Shakti – The Eternal Energy 2008 Scotland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS2NeEjOkcs&list=PLhEpVhai_R_JZ9y1Q6XzUQDp3O0tVtmI6
3. Action Abstraction – Swan Festival of Lights 2013 Perth Australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHzmRlEeCko&feature=em-upload_owner
4. 2011 Brilliant Display of Rhythmic Colour Singapore: http://youtu.be/F9AP0RlQoBQ
5. Canning World Arts Exchange 2014 Perth Australia: http://youtu.be/NgNzbpbi9Z8
6. RASA 2002 Paris France: http://youtu.be/7g7B2X8H_uY
I usually paint with oils on different textured canvases. Acrylics form in many cases ‚ a kind of under painting. Of late I started using water colours and egg-tempera [ that I learnt at your school] . My latest love is the creation of frescoes. I find it a fascinating medium of artistic expression! Painting on a wet canvas ‚ leaves so much to the elements and time. This creates a constant state of apprehension…excitement! I cannot say that I like only one method . They are all wonderful mediums of creativity.